The Video Game Collectible Catalog (VGC2) is a community-driven resource intended to serve as both a tool for collectors and as a historical archive. You might think of it as a blue book for officially licensed video game merchandise. The idea for the catalog started in December of 2016, and after roughly 6 months of planning & development it was officially launched on June 1st, 2017.
- Create and manage your own personal collection or wishlist to share with others.
- Subscribe to any franchise in the catalog to be notified when new products are added.
- Earn credits towards rewards with each one of your contributions.
More ways to paticipate:
- Are you a Twitch or Youtube streamer? If you're willing to help me promote this site, I can create a special reward in your name catered specifically to your audience. If you do unboxings or reviews, I'll also feature your videos in the catalog in exchange for a link back in the video description.
- Are you a collector? If we happen to be in the same area or we'll be traveling through each other's area, I'd love to meet up for a video shoot to show off your collection, or to review a specific item in your collection.
- Do you represent a company involved with the gaming industry? You can donate products towards rewards, or invite me behind the scenes for an exclusive look.
In addition to the website, I also create YouTube videos and occasionally stream on Twitch. Interacting with chat helps me make sure all of your questions get answered, and also helps me learn about certain details or interesting facts that I might have otherwised overlooked. I'm pretty much always lurking in Discord, and while none of the items listed in the catalog are for sale you're welcome to advertise items from your personal collection in chat to sell or trade at your own risk.
If you would like to get in touch or have any other ideas how I can improve, I am always open to constructive feedback.