The Video Game Collectible Catalog (VGC2) is a community-driven resource intended to serve as both a tool for collectors, and as a historical archive of officially licensed video game merchandise. The basic concept is to group items together by their associated franchise, in order to build a quick reference without the clutter of discussion or comments often found in newsgroups and forums.
The website is for informational purposes only, nothing is for sale. The idea for the catalog started in December of 2016, and after roughly 6 months of planning & development it was officially launched on June 1st, 2017.
My interest in collecting first started with American McGee's Alice in the early 2000s, and down the rabbit hole I went. As the market has grown and become more expensive with higher quality items, it has been more difficult to keep track of and afford everything I personally want. As a result, this project simply began as a way for me to continue collecting, but more so digitally than financially. I love the research and history of it all. Of course, I also realize that I can't possibly document everything by myself, so I'm more than happy to give full credit to anyone who chooses to contribute and help out.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you find this resource useful!
- There is no registration process. After your first contribution is approved, your account is automatically created.
- Create and manage your own personal collection or wishlist to share with others.
- Subscribe to any franchise in the catalog to be notified when new products are added.
- Earn credits towards rewards with each one of your contributions.
More ways to paticipate:
- Are you a Youtuber? If you do unboxings or reviews, I'll feature your videos in the catalog! Just ask. Videos are featured on a first come first serve basis.
- Are you a collector? If we happen to be in the same area or we'll be traveling through each other's area, I'd love to meet up for a video shoot to show off your collection, or to review a specific item in your collection.
- Do you represent a company involved with the gaming industry? You can donate products towards rewards, or invite me behind the scenes for an exclusive look.
In addition to the website, I also create YouTube videos and occasionally stream on Twitch. Interacting with chat helps me make sure all of your questions get answered, and also helps me learn about certain details or interesting facts that I might have otherwised overlooked. I'm pretty much always lurking in Discord, and while none of the items listed in the catalog are for sale you're welcome to advertise items from your personal collection in chat to sell or trade at your own risk.
If you would like to get in touch or have any other ideas how I can improve, I am always open to constructive feedback.